The Faculty of Advocates Christmas carol concert raises funds for Edinburgh City Mission which ministers to the homeless. Entry is free. Tickets from Queens Hall for 17 December, 6.30 pm. Visit http://www.thequeenshall.net/whats-on/shows/the-faculty=of-advocates-christmas-concert-2017.
Sundays, we will be practicing for the Nativity performance to be held on Sunday 17th December at 9.30. All children are welcome to partake. Practices in the Church at 9:30 am.
St. Joseph’s, Gilmore Place, are having their Christmas Fair on Saturday 4th November at 1.30pm. See poster at the back for more detail.
Fr Nicklas has asked if we would support him in ensuring the children in his parish get a Christmas present this year. Even more so than last year, there are tight restrictions on parcels and so we will once again send him the money to buy locally. As with last year, please:
- take a tag from the tree and leave a donation in the basket (£10 is what we donated last year but all amounts welcome);
- Take a Christmas card and write a little note to the child you have sponsored (apparently these letters from a far off land were almost a bigger hit than the presents!!);
- Take the tag home for your tree
- Write your name on the sponsor sheet just so Marie McQuillan can account for the money.
Please note that Masses for Christmas are;
- 9pm Christmas Vigil Mass, (preceeded by a service of readings and carols beginning at 8.30pm)
- 10am on Christmas Day
- Special Advent Candlelit Mass at 7pm on Monday
- The last of our beautiful Advent Masses will be this Thursday at 7pm. There has been a wonderful turn out for these Masses so far. If you haven’t managed along yet why not come on Thursday?