- Check out the cathedral website for some lovely articles.
- Father Jamie continues with his daily mass from Cathedral house (As he films 12:45 Mass, today’s Mass is available from around 1:30pm) here: https://www.stmaryscathedral.co.uk/filming
- Sunday Mass at the Cathedral is available on the same link
- Fr Patrick is excelling himself with his weekly Homily in the Newsletter – not to be missed! His Holy Week homilies are still available on the Cathedral website.
- Attached is a copy of last Sunday’s newsletter for those who have not yet seen it (see below)
- There are many really beautiful pastoral resources available from the Archdiocesan website – for all the family. Matt Meade, our Communications Director is clearly working hard to keep this site fresh and interesting.
- Sunday Mass with the Archbishop; Also Sunday Mass in Polish and in the Syro Malabar rite.
- A lovely feature by our own Sr Mary Simone RSM on St Catherine of Siena for her feast day earlier this week
- Did you know there are links from the Archdiocesan website to access some really moving videos (on Facebook & Youtube)?
- The documentary called “Priests School” is available on BBC IPlayer. This follows Scottish seminarians whilst in Scots College Rome. There appear to be a few Celtic FC hopefuls in there…….. You will recognise our seminarian Martin, who assists Fr Jamie in his daily masses from Cathedral House.
- Pope Francis has asked us all to recite the Rosary daily with him through this month of May, traditionally dedicated to Our Blessed Mother. He has provided two special Marian prayers (for this time of pandemic) to be said after our daily rosary. These are available from the Archdiocesan website. Attached is a document with these special prayers for ease of printing off a copy to keep with your rosary (see below)
- 3) There are some beautiful childrens colouring-in books available on the Pauline Books & Media website, which I can highly recommend. The Rosary is one of them. The link is here if you are interested: https://www.paulineuk.org/browse?Keywords=colouring%20books&page=2
Please stay safe & take care.
Minutes from a number of parish council meetings for the last year are now available on the website as are the minutes from the recent AGM.
From the website home page go to the Parish –> Parish Council menu items and follow the link
A reminder to members of the parish council that we will meet this Tuesday at 7.30pm in the parish rooms.
We hope that many of you will be able to join us at the Parish AGM next Sunday. As always, this meeting will include a review of all Parish matters over the past year, including our financial position. Therefore, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that a copy of the 2016 Parish Accounts is already on the noticeboard in the Parish Rooms should you wish to review them. Any questions that you have regarding the accounts can be raised during the meeting, although you may wish to send them via email in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we can answer your questions fully on the day.
The Parish Finance Committee will meet on Monday 15th May at 7.30pm in the Parish Rooms.
The Parish Council will meet in the Parish Rooms on Tuesday 9th May at 7.30pm.
The next meeting of the Parish Finance Committee will be On Monday 15th May at 7.30pm in the Parish Rooms.
Thank you to all those of you who completed a parish project nomination form. At the meeting of the parish council on Tuesday, your votes (of which there were many) were all counted and after review, I am pleased to announce that Fr Nikolas Maria is to become our new parish project beneficiary for the next 3 years. All donations made for ‘Parish Project’, including monies collected in ‘Jessie’s box’ will now be due to Fr Nikolas as described towards the end of last year.
Can be found at this link
“Are you an active 16-70 year old who enjoys a challenge? Why not sign up for our new ‘church and rooms’ weekly cleaning rota? Having listened to you, the Parish Council have terminated the cleaners contract and welcome volunteers to join this elite team. Family teams welcome. Please sign up at the door of the church or contact a member of the Parish Council.”
Can be downloaded from this link
Can be accessed at this link
Greetings to you. I hope you are well.
I would like to inform you that the parish has received your support of £1,034.60 towards its project. We are indeed very grateful for your generosity and kindness.
Could you please help me to convey our sincere appreciation to the members of PPC and all the parishioners. You could also include this note of thanks in the newsletter. We shall provide you with updates subsequently and we hope that we will receive future support from you.
Wishing you every good
Revd. Fr. Victor Adigboluja
The Parish House and Rooms desperately need fresh curtains. Any parishioner willing to donate curtains (with 10-12 foot drop) in good condition please contact the parish council in person or by email.
Many thanks to the team of twelve excellent volunteers who deep-cleaned the Parish House on Tuesday. Special thanks to Maureen H. for providing a feast for us (and the parish cluster attendees).
Can be downloaded from this link
Can be downloaded at this link
Minutes can be viewed and downloaded below, more permanent version will be placed in parish documents at this link.
Minutes from a number of meetings have now been uploaded and can be seen at the following URL …